At Mr. Grout over 21 years of experience has taught us to use only the best processes, products and techniques. While we constantly explore and test new innovations, our etch/epoxy primer/urethane topcoat process has proven to be a winner for long term coating and lifespan. Your finish will last longer giving your more value for your money.
A Stabilized and safe etching solution is applied to porcelain or ceramic surfaces similar to the way frosting of glass take place to maximize the primers ability to permanently bond to the original substrate. In the case of fiberglass, acrylic, or other substrates, the surface is thoroughly treated to maximize the adhesion.
We use a special epoxy adhesive primer that permanently adheres to the substrate using a molecular bonding action. The tech/primer steps are the key to extended service life.
Used for cosmetic value, our acrylic urethane topcoat provides high gloss, impact and scuff resistance and protection providing the best choice for long term durability.
Caring for your refinished tub
Top Ten List of Rules for your refinished bathtub:
- Do not use the surface for the specified number of days or hours indicated by the refinisher who complete the job
- Do not lay soap or bottle or any objects on the finish at any time
- Do not let a leaky faucet go un repaired
- Do not use abrasive cleansers NO SOS pads, NO comet No soft scrub
- Due to the non porous surface of the finish, there is no need to use abrasive cleanser on refinished bathtubs. Any household liquid detergent will give excellent results.
- Do not use loose bathmats with suctions underneath
- Do not pick dust off with your fingers. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning and usage
- The best way to keep your tub clean is to wipe it down with a towel or car chamois after each use.
- Maintain caulking around the tub
- Here are some good cleansers to use: Dow scrubbing bubbles, Mr. clean, Fantastic
- Wax tub (not bottom) once very 4 months with regular car wax.